January is an interesting month, it makes you think about what you’ve done in the past year, and what you want to do in the next. I’m going to be 31 this year, and I’ll be getting married when I’m 32. My Mom was something like 20 when she got married, and I know that times change – more university years, more careers, general attitudes to sexual freedom have changed so much – but I feel old doing this at this age.
I bought a wedding magazine today, by accident. Haven’t opened it yet. The Mexican one was a mistake as well, waiting in the queue at the supermarket just flicking through, and before you know it it’s in the trolley! We’ve got potentially five weddings this year as a guest, all over the world (well, UK and USA). Everyone is more or less our age so it’s kind of the right time to do it. But I’m very, very aware of age creeping up. And if I didn’t want children I’d probably be OK with it. So right, this morning I was thinking about a Bucket List, or a Life Plan but I don’t even know what I’d put on it. I’ve bought a house and met the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, so then we get into the details. So here are some short, medium and long-term goals.
- Get settled in the house we have bought
- Concentrate on getting recognised at work
- Enjoy New York
- Start getting my weight back on track
- Training for this 10K run in March 2014
- Getting healthy and slim for my wedding
- Plan a beautiful Anglo-Mexican wedding
- Decorate the house we have bought, in that truly international style that shows our travels and our roots
- Re-vamp my work wardrobe
- Visit my friend in Australia
- Visit Moscow (my travel dream since I was very young)
- Save for a future, not just a holiday
- Stay healthy for a long life together with my Danielote
- Stay happy